Black Hills Corp- Fleet Manager (Rapid City, SD)Posted: March 23, 2016
Job Title: Fleet Manager (30377)
Job Description: Job Specifications
PAY RANGE: $76,600 – $126,400 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Manage the corporation’s approximately 3000+ capital fleet assets which includes the following activities: strategic planning, budgeting, acquisition/upfitting, regulatory compliance, maintenance and fuel management, asset disposal, and life cycle analysis. Partner with strategic vendors to identify opportunities for improvements that maximize the business relationship and value to the Company. Work closely with business unit leadership to provide expertise, customer service, and vehicles that are safe and reliable in order to meet operational needs.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Supply Chain
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide overall leadership and management of fleet maintenance programs and initiatives across a fleet in excess of 3000+ assets.
- Develop and implement vehicle replacement strategies based on accumulated metrics and data to reduce overall total cost of ownership.
- Develop and promote effective work programs that incorporate lease/purchase life-cycle costing concepts and maximize the resources available from operating and capital equipment budgets.
- Prepare and manage budgets.
- Monitor and analyze fleet intelligence tools to ensure fleet vehicles are operated within established parameters and maximize effectiveness.
- Identify and provide fleet services that address and satisfy Company needs and initiatives.
- Manage fleet vendor relationships to maximize the Company’s investment.
- Manage and develop fleet operations staff.
- Prepares equipment specifications and manage acquisition of company vehicles.
- Setup and implement an equipment disposal process.
- Assure compliance with all safety, regulatory, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate vehicle and vehicle maintenance programs.
- Responsible for the identification, management, and proper disposal of any hazardous substances encountered or resulting from operations associated with fleet vehicles.
- Gathers, summarizes and presents actionable information in management and operating level reports.
- Manage testing of new fleet products and/or innovations including trials and pilot programs, product research, development and testing.
- Develops and implement performance metrics for the department and staff, including internal customer service levels,
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of written financial and administrative reports.
- Support and adhere to company policies including development and execution of contracts with vendors to minimize the Company’s risk.
- Assess current fleet systems and data, establishes new business requirements based on fleet strategies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships across the enterprise to deliver excellent customer service.
- Five years of experience with vehicle acquisition and remarketing strategies, fleet management or other relevant experience required.
- Two to five years of managing external vendor relationships preferred.
- Experience working at a gas or electric utility preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Operation, maintenance, or administration of fleets of vehicles.
- Acquisition and disposal of fleet vehicles.
- Complex utility upfitting required for light, medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Specialized upfitting on complex vehicles for specialized industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fleet maintenance programs and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and technological developments pertaining to vehicle operations & maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of auto rental and leasing programs.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced sourcing and disposal procedures.
- Experience working with network programs and web based programs.
- Experience working with a large centralized fleet management program.
- DOT, CDL, CSA2010 requirements exposure.
- Strong technical and managerial skills in fleet operations and maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of management, budgeting and cost control.
- Ability to read and interpret vehicle technical specifications.
- Ability to proficiently use computers and computer programs.
- Goal oriented, self-starter with a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective problem solving, customer service and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced experience working with Excel, Word and Access.
- Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) or comparable certification preferred.
- Active participation in the National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) preferred.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License, supplemented by a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 20%-25% of the time will be required.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing and speech essential.
- Hand coordination to use computer.
- While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials.
- Drive, travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply