Black Hills Corp- Director, Electric Operations (Rapid City, SD)Posted: March 15, 2016
Job Title: Director, Electric Operations (30363)
PAY RANGE: $101,100 – $166,750 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 21, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Provide strong leadership to BHE SD Electric in order to develop and execute an ambitious array of financial, regulatory, operational and growth strategies. Deliver on a set of priorities and measures designed to optimize the effective deployment of all assets – capital, financial, human – to strengthen the operational foundation of the organization. Collaborate closely with functional area leaders overseeing energy services, electric operations, external affairs and customer operations, and effectively coordinate indirect matrix organizational functions.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice-President of Electric Operations, BHE SD Electric
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the development and execution of effective strategic plans, operational plans and budgets for electric operations, fully integrating matrix organizations into all plans.
- Lead key initiatives to improve revenue, develop growth opportunities and reduce costs through continuous improvement.
- Develop capital investment plans and effectively deploy capital for Black Hills Energy South Dakota Electric (BHE-SDE) business unit.
- Plan for and provide strategic oversight for the annual program of work for operations and maintenance of the BHP electric grid.
- Drive process improvements that deliver improved customer services, efficiencies and improved internal business processes that align with business goals.
- Lead benchmarking efforts, as well as qualitative and quantitative analyses, to continuously improve and optimize financial and operational performance of the business unit.
- Establish clear processes and metrics for evaluating various business initiatives.
- Build, develop and lead the electric operations team.
- Establish and maintain a work environment that delivers consistently high levels of employee engagement and retention.
- Support rate case preparations and provide testimony as needed.
- Position the company within its communities to influence opinions and actions and to ensure a favorable operating environment with positive relationships.
- Coordinate and drive engagement of matrix organizations to support BHE-SDE’s strategy.
- Partner effectively with key stakeholders, and manage assigned matrix business support activities to ensure that projects are planned and executed consistently with corporate strategic plans.
- Work with BHE-SDE and matrix operations leaders to address operations issues and develop solutions for these issues.
- Provide leadership and direction for BHE-SDE’s safety program that ensures industry leading safety performance.
- Effectively represent BHE-SDE in discussions with other internal and external stakeholders including business partners, local officials, customers, senior management, media, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience required, with increasingly progressive leadership and management skills.
- Prior leadership experience in regulated electric and natural gas utilities preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering or related field of study.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory and non-regulatory business modeling and optimization.
- Knowledge of electric distribution system and/or generation construction, operations, maintenance standards, procedures and governmental regulations.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and their application in the workplace.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to adjust to quickly changing business needs.
- Ability to deliver results in support of corporate/business unit objectives, understand client and stakeholder feedback and adjust plans as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated problem solving ability in complex, multi-organizational environments.
- Strong process orientation.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to improve process efficiency in furtherance of overall utility plans and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively at all levels of a complex organization.
- Ability to travel on company business as required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply