Black Hills Corp- Storekeeper (Rapid City, SD)Posted: March 2, 2016
Job Title: Storekeeper (UN1250) (B-1521) (30356)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 9, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Provide materials management methodologies, including warehousing materials, use of materials handling equipment, inventory management, essential computer skills, logistics, DOT regulations and be able to deliver and pick up material to sites.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Materials
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully complete warehouse step training program.
- Have overall day-to-day responsibilities of unloading material, receipt entry, check-in, storage, control and issuance of materials, equipment and parts ordered by the Company.
- Ensure company safety policies, procedures and work practices are being followed in all areas. Conduct safety meetings where and when needed.
- Must be able to respond to emergency call outs in a timely fashion, preferably within 20 minutes.
- Process material tickets daily for entry into the computerized inventory system to maintain system integrity.
- Identify materials and equipment and direct the unloading, coordination and planning for expected daily shipments.
- Provide support for delivery notifications and monitor delivery to schedule and PO requirements. Verify that the material invoiced has been received on-site and the invoice payment can be made.
- Coordinate and execute all deliveries on and off site.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, documents and records for the material and maintenance management system.
- Maintain files and perform filing related to plant records and reports.
- Coordinate and assist in office furniture moves for Company employees when needed.
- Represent the Materials Management function professionally at onsite management meetings as required.
- Assist with some buying duties, including expediting shipments and working with buyers on various issues.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor’s employees.
- Assist other plant and operations personnel as directed. Represent Black Hills in a professional manner with a “can do” attitude.
- Customer – operational managers and maintenance staffs.
- Supervisor – Sr. Manager, Materials Management or Materials Manager
- Peers and co-workers – Storekeepers, Buyers, Sourcing Managers, plant personnel, line crews, service crews, meter department and analysts.
- Suppliers of materials, equipment and services.
- Two years of experience working at a major gas or electric utility as a Storekeeper preferred.
- Two years of experience entering and maneuvering data in computers, including familiarity with but not limited to, Excel, Word, PS 9.0 or other materials management systems.
- Accredited program in clerical and/or materials management or two years’ equivalent experience preferred.
- Materials management procedures, including unloading, receipt, check-in, storage, control, and issuance of materials preferred.
- Possess the ability to prioritize work to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Able to perform mathematical functions.
- Able to make routine public contact with contractors, service personnel and governing agencies.
- Able to make judgmental decisions with little or no supervision.
- Able to hear (at some dB limit of loss) to receive oral communications and instructions.
- Able to read and understand technical information, such as contracts, equipment specifications, drawings and instructions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and where applicable have a valid CDL license, Class B with no air brake restrictions within 30 days.
- Must obtain a forklift certification card within 30 days.
- Requires frequent travel outside the Rapid City area, but generally not overnight.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position such as heavy lifting, standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motions, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Requires hand/eye and hand/foot coordination to operate a forklift.
- Majority of work is performed indoors but must be able to work outside in extreme weather on occasion.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply