Black Hills Corp- Forward Marketer (Rapid City, SD)Posted: February 29, 2016
Job Title: Forward Marketer (30351)
PAY RANGE: $68,400 – $102,600 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 10, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Conduct purchase and sale transactions to maximize retail and wholesale margin while maintaining reliable, economic service to customers. Support the day-ahead scheduling functions within the Generation Dispatch and Power Marketing department. Ensure that practices are in full compliance with applicable standards, regulatory requirements and the company’s risk policies.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Forward Operations and Origination
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interact with market participants to develop, negotiate and execute business transactions that create value for the company in both the Western and Eastern Interconnections.
- Ensure that the company’s power supply costs are minimized and that assets are optimized to maximize marketing margins within established risk and reliability standards.
- Coordinate and communicate all fuel needs to gas scheduling and real-time generation dispatch and plant operations.
- Professionally represent company with a diverse group of customers and market participants and build business relationships that optimize company’s presence in the energy markets.
- Prepare electronic requests (E-tags) for interchange for forward energy purchases. Accurate communication with counter-parties is required for timely communication of up-stream and down-stream information, including source, sink, transmission segments and ownership rights.
- Purchase and/or reassign required transmission rights for each transmission segment of each transaction.
- Conduct business in accordance with NERC, FERC and WECC standards and business practices, corporate risk management and compliance policies.
- Ensure compliance with all energy contracts and company risk management policies from a pre-schedule perspective.
- Develop and maintain front office Department Administrative Guidelines.
- Participate in the WECC ISAS committee and other industry work groups and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all GDPM and support department employees.
- Establish and maintain positive business relationships with counterparts at regional or national utilities and marketer organizations, including Joint Ownership Unit participants.
- 3 or more years of experience in generation dispatch, energy trading, interchange scheduling, resource planning or business analysis required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Business or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of FERC, NERC, WECC and Eastern Interconnection market rules.
- Strong working knowledge of electric system operations, generation dispatch, scheduling, tagging between interconnections and understanding of transmission constraints.
- Knowledge of power plant operations, economic dispatch and operational limitations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze market data and develop sound strategies.
- Accomplished user of spreadsheet applications to perform power supply cost modeling.
- Knowledge of OASIS sites and their functions for the purchase and scheduling of transmission rights.
- Familiar with SCADA/EMS systems.
- Knowledge of OATI systems to include Electronic Tagging and webTrader.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to understand and exercise excellent judgment in a complex, high stress marketing environment.
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with others in a team environment.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply