Black Hills Corp- Supervisor, Gas Transmission (Wyoming)Posted: February 19, 2016
Job Title: Supervisor, Gas Transmission (30326)
SALARY GRADE: $73,550 – $110,300 (DOQ)
LOCATION: This position will be located in Wyoming, specific area to be determined.
Supervisory oversight of Gas Transmission operations for BHE Wyoming.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proactively promote and lead safety initiatives in all phases of operations and in compliance with DOT, State, and Company standards.
- Supervise, schedule, train, and develop front-line employees performing work in the areas of gas transmission.
- Manage employee and labor relations issues at the operational level with assistance from Human Resources.
- Oversee and ensure the completion of all regulated/mandated work.
- Develop and monitor budgets.
- Make daily decisions that positively impact capital and maintenance programs, including third party contractors.
- Foster dependable and trusting relationships with third party contractors, material suppliers, and customers to expedite project quality, cost, and completion times.
- Solicit and document feedback from the operations team to assure that quality and established guidelines are being met.
- Provide technical, financial, and operational expertise.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Wyoming PSC, DOT, OSHA, EPA, and other pertinent regulatory agencies to remain informed of the status of any/all compliance matters.
- Actively sponsor or lead continuous improvement efforts and create a positive environment that empowers all employees to continuously improve.
- Maintain training records and compliance documentation.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Participate in the emergency on-call rotation schedule.
- Create, maintain, and insist on a workplace environment within the Gas Utilities group that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal treatment of employees, open communications and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Positive working relationships and communications with local communities and customers served.
- Requires successful partnerships with other energy delivery groups and customer care to meet field services business goals, customer service standards, and expectations.
- Support vendor of choice relationships with utility and non-utility groups to meet non-regulated revenue and margin goals.
- Five years of relevant utility industry experience and knowledge of gas transmission systems.
- Supervisory experience or proven ability to lead employees. Proven leadership skills including coaching and engaging.
- Work experience in gas industry standards, gas material standards, gas method standards, and gas construction standards.
- Knowledge of BHE safety policies, and O&M procedures preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of gas transmission systems.
- Working knowledge of welding procedures and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of personnel in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have skills and ability to obtain and maintain Operator Qualification trainer status.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial management, budgetary, planning, and forecasting skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software).
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams and manage external contractors.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Extensive travel distances and extended overnight stays will be required throughout the State 50% of the time.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply