Black Hills Corp- Director, Gas Operations (Cheyenne, WY)Posted: February 19, 2016
Job Title: Director, Gas Operations (30315)
PAY RANGE: $101,100 – $166,750 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
Provide overall leadership, management, development and director BHE Wyoming gas field operations.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate personnel and resources to:
- optimize gas distribution system growth, performance, reliability, and safety
- meet the needs of the strategic plan
- provide quality customer service
- maintain safe working conditions and practices by ensuring safety is the top priority for employees
- lead/participate and enable continuous improvements and best practices for Wyoming gas and BHC utilities
- attain statewide goals
- Assist in preparation and define:
- Wyoming strategic plan, including growth plan development
- the five year forecast for distribution,
- operations and maintenance programs (DIMP/TIMP)
- annual distribution capital and operating budgets
- emergency plan documentation/training
- SWP action initiatives
- Speak-up action initiatives
- Monitor and maintain compliance with
- approved goals/objectives
- safety standards of performance
- safety programs
- bargaining unit contracts/relationships
- capital and operating budgets
- construction standards
- company policies, procedures, and current bargaining agreement
- external required regulations (NFGC, OSHA, EPA, PHMSA, PSC, etc…)
- project schedules/productivity
- Create, maintain, and insist on a workplace environment within the Gas Utilities group that promotes diversity, safety, fair and equal treatment of employees, open communications and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and work rules are clearly communicated and applied consistently throughout gas distribution group as well as the gas transmission group. Review and update policies, procedures, and work rules as needed to ensure continual compliance, a safe work environment, and fairness.
- Maintain strong and open working relationships with the utilities leadership and gas engineering, along with other corporate support departments (legal, regulatory, IT, HR, etc.) through frequent communication of important issues.
- Review and approve work orders, and various permits.
- Foster a culture of employee involvement in decisions.
- Provide leadership, direction, and supervision to all operations employees.
- Develop future leaders from all levels of the organization.
- Provide employee, manager and supervisor feedback and coaching throughout the year; assess needs for employee training and work with appropriate Company resources to obtain it.
- Serve as co-primary company representative for Wyoming labor relations issues.
- Lead and grow Wyoming Technical Services business.
- Active community support and involvement.
- Active involvement in analysis and support of rate cases and other regulatory matters.
- Successfully partner with Wyoming management, employees and other internal departments to ensure cooperation and synergies to meet business goals, customer service standards and expectations.
- Engineering staff
- HR/LR and HRBP
- Compliance Manager
- Field Operations employees
- Public/Customer Affairs staff
- Corp. Safety staff
- Regulatory staff
- Marketing Services Staff
- Interface with customers and communities to foster and maintain positive working relationships and favorable company image.
- Support legislative efforts that directly affect BHE.
- Build strong working relationships with local, state (WY PSC), and federal governing bodies.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience required. Increasingly progressive leadership and management in the utility field strongly preferred. Engineering and/or operation emphasis preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field of study preferred.
- Knowledge of gas distribution system construction, operations, transmission, maintenance standards, procedures and governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with collective bargaining agreements and their application in the workplace
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and accomplish strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct workload and prioritize business needs.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate, communicate and influence.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple major projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the Company in front of various stakeholder, employee groups, major customers and regulatory agencies.
- Possess unquestionable integrity and excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the Company in front of various stakeholders: employee groups, major customers, regulatory agencies, governmental officials, and industry associations.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to adjust to quickly changing business needs.
- PE certification desirable
- Ability to travel on company business as required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply