Black Hills Corp- Customer Service Representative (Rapid City, SD)Posted: February 12, 2016
Job Title: Customer Service Representative (30335)
PAY RANGE: $19 – $26 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 18, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Provide great customer service and respond to customer inquiries made in person, over the telephone, or via internet. Maintain customer information and related customer service activities in the customer information system.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Customer Service Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process customer requests for service which include new, transferred or terminated services within the customer information system.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a polite, timely and professional manner.
- Monitor delinquent accounts and make payment arrangements with customers in a way that is acceptable to both the customer and the Company.
- Promote Black Hills Power as well as the products, services and programs that are offered.
- Notify customers of pending service disconnections as directed.
- Review service orders for field or remote disconnection.
- Coordinate prompt reconnection of services after payment or acceptable arrangements have been made.
- Utilize a variety of reports and queries to ensure accurate information in customer information system.
- Assist the Credit and Collections department and related agencies to update customer information to assist in collection efforts.
- Work with customers to resolve high bill concerns.
- Assign and review rate classifications for new and existing accounts. Communicate to customers the rate options available and assist them with selecting the best rate available to them.
- Assist during localized power outages as well as major outage events occurring at times other than normal work hours by answering incoming customer calls and placing follow up calls as requested.
- Receive and process payments in accordance with Company procedures. Process payments left in the night deposit box and received by mail, or in person or if paid at the bank. Balance cash drawer(s) and prepare bank deposits.
- Bring forward issues and suggested solutions regarding process and/or program to continually improve our system integrity, the customer experience and productivity.
- Perform meter sets and meter removal and assist in setting up new service points when arrangements are needed. Enter material requests and issue service orders.
- Assist with material tickets and operations requests as needed.
- Maintain accurate customer records with data obtained from service order mechanics and field employees.
- Comply with Company Code of Conduct and policies. Comply with safety requirements and act in accordance with policies and procedures related thereto.
- Assist in creating a daily, weekly and monthly work schedule for the department.
- Positively represent Company in local community events and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive relationships with employees, customers, contractors, community and business leaders, peers and management.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in the utility industry preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education in business, accounting or related area preferred.
- Working knowledge of Customer Information System preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting methods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate to customers, employees and the community in very challenging situations in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to operate a ten-key calculator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimum supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with customers over the phone as well as face-to-face.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers, contractors, community and business leaders, peers and management.
- Ability to adapt and change with new procedures, programs and applications.
- Must be able and willing to work a rotating schedule as necessary.
- Must be willing to travel to other Black Hills Power offices for required meetings, participation in sponsored activities and training.
- This role may also require some overtime hours.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position such as sitting for extended periods, repetitive motions, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, vision, near and far acuity.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply