Black Hills Corp- Manager, Special Projects (Fountain, CO)Posted: February 9, 2016
Job Title: Manager, Special Projects (30338)
PAY RANGE: $76,600 – $126,400 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 23, 2016.
LOCATION: Fountain, CO
Responsible for leading, managing and providing technical support to utility operations, growth initiatives, residential developments, regulatory affairs, and external affairs projects.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in the planning and budget process for assigned projects.
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for business unit. Provide analysis and recommendations into the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Work closely with operation to efficiently integrate work process and activities. Focus on improvement of operational efficiencies, reduction of costs, enhancement of regulatory and external relations, and delivery of excellent customer service.
- Maintain cost-effective organizational structure within assigned projects that focuses on the integration of activities, maximum productivity and high levels of customer service.
- Lead major capital additions for commercial and residential customers to achieve milestones or objectives.
- Lead major IT integration projects as well as other types of integration projects.
- Improve work processes within assigned project(s) while demonstrating the ability to prioritize issues, develop and implement solutions and functional strategies.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and work rules are clearly communicated and applied consistently.
- Ensure strict compliance is maintained with all environmental and governmental regulations, corporate policies and laws.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond positively to difficult challenges.
- Provide overall leadership, management and direction for assigned projects.
- Ensure proactive clear, timely and complete communications on project objectives, status and obstacles with the Director of Operations and stakeholders.
- Establish working relationships throughout the company to facilitate common goals.
- Maintain strong and open working relationships with BH Energy employees, management team, operations and customer service in addition to other corporate support departments.
- Working through the Operating business leaders and Governmental Affairs, support working relationship with various local, state and federal regulators and legislators, and their staffs as appropriate.
- Ten years of experiences in gas utility operations or five years of experience with engineering or business management degree.
- Five years of project management experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of basic principles of gas operations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and accomplish strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct workload and prioritize business needs.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple major projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the Company in front of various stakeholders; employee groups, customers, regulatory agencies, governmental officials, and industry associations.
- Understanding of administration, regulatory and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of BHC safety policies and procedures preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to articulate, communicate and influence.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply