Black Hills Corp- Apprentice Energy Services Technician (Rapid City, SD)Posted: February 4, 2016
Job Title: Apprentice Energy Services Technician (4th Step – UN1250) (B-1519) (30314)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 18, 2016.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Provide maintenance and technical services for Black Hills Energy’s (BHE’s) customer heating and cooling programs as well as Black Hills Corporation’s (BHC’s) internal heating and cooling systems in an apprenticeship role. Provide technical service and support of products and service programs available to the customers and district offices.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Program Manager, Customer Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist and follow instructions of the Journeyman Energy Service Technicians for residential and internal customers.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of weatherization programs.
- Become actively engaged in BHP’s home show events.
- Be trained and demonstrate the ability to provide heating and cooling maintenance support for the Appliance Service and Repair (ASAP) program. Provide heating and cooling maintenance and installation support for non-ASAP customers as well as for BHC’s facilities and electrical substations.
- Promote Black Hills Energy’s ASAP program through community events such as the Black Hills Home Builders Home Show, customer referrals, and other programs as directed.
- Promote Black Hills Energy’s demand controller program. Provide instructional support, repair, or replacement of demand controller equipment and provide accurate equipment recommendations to customize demand controllers to meet individual customer needs.
- Promote Black Hills Energy’s Energy Efficiency Solutions Program and various other products and services to customers and the community.
- Conduct energy usage investigation for residential and small commercial customers.
- Work safely and participate in the development of departmental safety standards.
- Partner with trade allies to support and promote Black Hills Energy products and services.
- Acquire ability to confidently provide technical training for trade allies, residential customers, and Black Hills Energy staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain positive working relationships with Black Hills Energy customers, as well as positive working relationships with Black Hills Energy and BHC employees.
- Combination of 2 years of education and/or experience performing installation and service repair of commercial and/or residential heating and cooling systems required.
- Emphasis on heat pumps, geothermal systems, and electric heating and cooling systems preferred.
- Associate’s degree in refrigeration or related area preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of refrigeration systems.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building automation systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with customers on a one-on-one basis in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn to process and document work orders, customer billings, customer job tickets and invoicing.
- Must possess appropriate certification for the handling and disbursement of refrigerants per EPA regulations or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Must possess a valid South Dakota driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces such as crawl spaces, and attics.
- Must be able to stand for 2-3 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work safely on ladders and roof tops.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply