Black Hills Corp- Software Development Analyst II (Rapid City, SD)Posted: February 3, 2016
Job Title: Software Development Analyst II – Click/.NET (30245)
PAY RANGE: $62,650 – $93,950 (DOQ)
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designing, developing, and testing integration between Click application as well as other application suites across the enterprise.
- Work with Click Business team to analyze new needs and troubleshoot performance issues and recommend fixes.
- Serving as developer on technical projects and participating in all phases of the Software Development Life-cycle.
- Working with business leads in gathering requirements, facilitating design documents, and coordinating testing of enhancements and bug fixes to the Click application.
- Providing on-going production support for the Click application.
- Creating SQL scripts to correct data and/or to answer ad-hoc data requests.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and troubleshooting vendor-supplied patches and fixes.
- Perform client training.
- Stay up-to-date on changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Under close supervision, perform business system design and data modeling tasks.
- Will support one or more client groups including interaction across all levels of the organization.
- 3+ year’s development experience on developing using C# .NET, Java or similar development language
- Associate’s degree in Applications Design or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of server based computing environment, including computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and middle ware
- Knowledge of information engineering concepts, including business area analysis, business system design, data modeling, and application construction.
- Strong background in SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of the software development life-cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work within challenging situations.
- Strong leadership, time management, and organizational skills.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment. How to apply: Click here to apply