Kaplan University- Clinical Student Manager (Work From Home)Posted: January 22, 2016
Kaplan University- Kaplan University is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing innovative undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education. Our programs foster student learning with opportunities to launch, enhance, or change careers in today’s diverse global society. The University is committed to general education, a student-centered service and support approach, and applied scholarship in a practical environment.
Clinical Student Manager
The job description is as follows:
The Clinical Student Manager will be responsible for being the primary contact regarding clinical placement for SON students. The CSM will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical and Practicum Programs in order to communicate expectations related to clinical placement of HS students, and will follow the progress of clinical students throughout their clinical coursework.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Conduct clinical student orientation
- Communicate with students regarding expectations related to clinical placement
- Work with the Placement Team to ensure both students and sites have a quality experiences with placement
- Assist with student remediation issues as assigned
- Collaborate with Program Chairs and Faculty regarding clinical student issues as authorized by DCPP Track pre-clinical paperwork for assigned cohort
- Assist with other departmental tasks as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare and/or Education
- Must be able to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Must be an organized self-starter who is able to work with little direct supervision.
- Must be able to build rapport with students while but also adhere to SON Clinical Placement policies and procedures.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer experience with medical assisting practice or education
- Will be required to work some evenings and weekends Must be able to travel as requested
Registered Nurse preferred, but not required
Application instructions: Applicants must apply online at www.kaplan.edu/careers