Crew Training International- Graphic Artist (Luke AFB, AZ)Posted: December 28, 2015
Position Title: Graphic Artist
Position/Vacancy Number: 1
Location: Luke AFB, AZ
Close: Until Filled
Education: Associate degree in Graphic Design or related discipline is acceptable; however, practical demonstration of knowledge, skills, and abilities is preferable.
Training and Experience: Minimum three (3) years of full-time work in a team environment. Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft PowerPoint; demonstrated adequate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Quark, and any scanning software.
General Skills: Must possess excellent oral, written, and visual communication; handle multiple tasks; flexible with work assignments; work well with a multitude of personalities; work with little to no supervision. Must possess a creative approach to problem-solving; be detail-oriented; ability to meet deadlines.
Technical Skills: Proficient in photography of people (for employee badges), large items (sections of a jet exterior), and minute items (readings on a meter). Skilled in digital photography preferred. Ability to scan over-sized items and composite them in Photoshop; re-create line-drawings/technical drawings in Illustrator; create simple animations in Flash; adjust photos as needed, or re-create them if required; can navigate a computer network as needed to obtain and/or deliver graphics.
Physical Requirements: Normal color vision (i.e., cannot be color blind); physical ability to traverse the flight line, climb into a jet, and contort oneself in order to photograph equipment.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Quark.
Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain/maintain a “Secret” security clearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create all graphics required for delivering the curriculum. Includes adjusting photographs, creating photo-like images from line-drawings and/or poor-quality photographs, and re-creating line drawings.
- Must determine optimal file format and resolution for final delivery (e.g., know not to send a high-resolution JPG for a PowerPoint presentation; know when a WMF is preferable over a raster image of the same drawing).
- Work as a team with Education Technologists (ET) and/or Subject Matter Experts (SME) and/or Instructor CW/SME to create graphics utilized in academic courseware.
- Maintain the work station and shared Graphics Library to the extent that the candidate is primarily responsible for storage and retrieval of all photos and graphics for this contract.
- Assist, as needed, ETs, Instructor CW/SME in creating Student Study Guides and Course Instructor Guides from existing PowerPoint presentations and attendant notes.
- Scan items (photos, pages from manuals, etc.) and adjust as needed.
- Provide professional input when requested (e.g., for development of user interface on computer-based training modules, for applied graphics standards sent down from the corporate office, etc.)
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Employer Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Web Link: http://www.cti-crm.com