Labor Ready- Ship Superintendent (New Orleans, La)Posted: December 18, 2015
Labor Ready is currently hiring an experienced Ship Superintendent in New Orleans, LA. Outstanding opportunity – THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION! Benefits include; medical, PTO, 401(K) and a relocation package that’s negotiable. Must be able and willing to travel when needed.
If you’re dependable and looking for work, contact Labor Ready today.
Job Description: Individual will be responsible for overseeing stevedoring operations on vessels and/or barges, as directed by the Operations Manager. The Ship Superintendent is responsible for ensuring that the required labor, equipment, and gear resources are utilized in the safest and most efficient manner to meet the needs of customers and the company.
Pay Rate: $55,000 – $75,000 per year! Shift/Hours: Mon – Fri
- Receives and studies required documentation from Coordinators and other internal/external parties to pre-plan and execute stevedoring operations
- Participates in pre-planning meetings with the Operations Manager and the captain of vessel, port captains, and/or surveyors to create a plan of discharge/loading
- Coordinates with Terminal Manager to align terminal and stevedoring operations and ensure that cargo moves through the facility in the safest and most efficient manner possible
- Receives gang sheets from Hiring Superintendent and ensures that the right people are in the right place at the right times to facilitate operations – provides feedback to Hiring Superintendent on labor performance to improve day-to-day labor allocation
- Inspects certificates on ship’s cranes and other cargo handling gear to ensure they meet safety regulations, and that cargo will not exceed specified load capacity
- Maintain constant communication between stevedoring operation, coordinators, the Operations Manager, and other parties as directed
- Order and oversee Truck/Rail/Barge placements and loading and order necessary equipment when changes warrant
- Collect and aggregate all required vessel documentation from coordinators and place into vessel file
- Ensure that port logs are completed and accurate, and log them into the system for the assigned job
- Assures assigned employees report as scheduled, noting arrival, reassignment and/or departure times on time sheets – reviews accuracy and submits time sheets to Hiring Superintendent for review and processing
- Supervises employees engaged in checking and cargo handling to ensure cargo is loaded in specified sequence and in accordance with customer instructions
- Directs activities of employees engaged in cargo handling requiring special handling (i.e., project cargoes and heavy lifts)
- Ensures that assigned gang functions effectively as a team and that there is effective and regular communication and high morale
- Addresses employee related issues, including corrective action, and notifies Operations Manager of any special needs or circumstances.
- Where applicable, adheres to collective bargaining agreement
- Constantly monitor and manage productivity and safety of employees – respond as required to changes in working conditions such as rainouts
- Ensure operational and individual performance meets or exceeds Company-mandated Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”)
- Committed to safety at all times
- Reliable transportation to get to/from job site
- Excellent attendance
GREAT PAY with the use of an E-PAY card or direct deposit, the choice is yours!
How To Apply
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply for the position, please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call our office at: 904-354-2205 for more information.