Koch Companies Public Sector- Federal Affairs Assistant (District of Columbia- Washington-DC)Posted: October 14, 2015
- Routine administrative tasks such as preparation of correspondence, invoice payments, expense reports, company procurement card reconciliation, courier and overnight shipping, telephone coverage, etc.
- Management of day-to-day scheduling activities and travel
- Coordination and scheduling of PAC events for Federal Affairs team
- Management of, or assistance with, projects as may be requested by Federal Affairs team members
- Provide backup coverage for the front office reception area and switchboard as required
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Solid understanding of and commitment to classical liberal ideals, market principles and the advancement of liberty
- Strong personal integrity, work ethic, and compliance focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, think critically/strategically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional in manner and demeanor
- A minimum of 1 year experience assisting federal lobbyists, legislators, or policy makers, including extensive meeting scheduling and travel planning
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, (particularly Outlook), internet research tools, and databases
- High school diploma or equivalent
- May be required to work overtime and/or weekends to meet the requirements of the job
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ assisting federal lobbyists, legislators, or policy makers, including meeting scheduling and travel planning
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, biofuels and ingredients; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested more than $70 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in more than 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 930 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit www.kochnews.com.
- A willingness to invest in value-added opportunities
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- The ability to contribute and grow immediately
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Access to professional training and mentoring
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions rather than seniority
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf