John Zink Company LLC.- Service Technician (Houston, TX)Posted: October 8, 2015
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Houston) (Vapor Group) – 038063
Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
The Vapor Group is seeking a Service Technician to be based in the Houston area that will provide services throughout the applicable region.
A successful candidate for this role will be responsible for the installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment on our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC.) Technicians will be required to install, navigate and alter all types of PLC, programmable controllers and other control devices.
Other operational responsibilities will include interaction with John Zink customer base, continued learning for product developments and additions. Technicians will be working with little or no supervision and must be able to manage their obtained contacts and accounts. To be successful, technicians must be able to solve problems with little or no outside input. Job planning and time management are critical to succeed in this position. The technician will need to be responsible for meeting all the safety, health and performance training requirements. Technicians must be actively committed to environmental, health and safety programs.
Work Experience/Skills REQUIRED
-Ability to understand and apply National Electrical code (NEC)
-General electrical and mechanical skills
-Effective communication skills in English both oral and written
-Experienced in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
-Excellent interpersonal skills
-Demonstrated safe work habits in an industrial environment
-2 year technical degree OR at least two years of full-time electrical work
experience OR equivalent (2 or more years) military/electrical experience
Work Experience/Skills PREFERRED
-One (1) year experience:
- Working on all types of industrial, electrical and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters and PLC equipment.
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs.
- Experience with safety, OSHA and NFPA 70E
– Six (6) months experience with GE, Allen Bradley, Control Logix Programmable
Logic Controllers (PLC)
– High School diploma or GED
– Two (2) year technical degree or 1 year electrical experience in a relevant field
or military service
– Two (2) or Four (4) year technical degree
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is routinely required to drive extended distances and time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to lift/carry 70 pounds on regular basis.
– Outdoor work environment; uneven work surfaces; climbing ladders; lift and carry
up to 70lbs
– 24/7 call out potential must be able to work scheduled & unscheduled overtime
– Must obtain a TWIC card within 6 weeks of employment
– Must be able to pass a job specific pre-employment Physical Demand
Assessment for Field Service Technicians
– Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work – Will require travel and extended overnight stay
– Must be available by cell phone for 24/7 callout response
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
For more information or to apply for this position, please click on the following link: