Georgia-Pacific- Electrician I (Emporia, VA)Posted: October 8, 2015
ELECTRICIAN I – 035663
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America. Our plywood plant located in Emporia, VA has vacancies for Class I Electricians.
Responsibilities of this job will include providing electrical support in the manufacturing facility located in Emporia, VA. The person holding this position will be a responder to service calls pertaining to electrical malfunctions in automated machinery within the plant. These malfunctions may be in various types of electrical devices, such as switches, electric valves, analog input or output devices, motors, wiring, or PLC/computer anomalies.
The holder of this position must be proficient in understanding the basic principles that allow electromechanical devices to work. Most machinery in the plant is computer controlled by PLC, and is driven by 480 volt, 3 phase motors. Job duties will also include any necessary electrical maintenance tasks pertaining to the upkeep of this machinery.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of industrial electrical apprenticeship program preferred
- At least 3 years experience working as an Industrial Troubleshooting or Diagnostic Electrician .
- Experienced in working with and troubleshooting electrical systems that use 480 volt, 3 phase power, as well as lower voltages.
- Ability to diagnose problems with 3 phase electric motors and motor starters that operate in these electrical systems.
- Experienced in working with Relay Logic control circuits. Ability to safely troubleshoot these types of circuits using Ladder Logic Diagrams, schematics, Piping/Instrumentation diagrams, Electrical instrumentation, and meters
- Ability to use the RS Logix software to trouble shoot and repair industrial electrical equipment
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and compliance to the code..
- Familiar with computers, with knowledge or ability to be trained in the use of PLC programming software.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with good hand dexterity.
- Knowledge of and ability to proficiently use basic hand tools.
- Must possess reading comprehension skills with ability to understand and carry out complex written instructions.
- Must possess good hand writing skills with the ability to write logically, having the ability to accurately convey an understandable written message or statement.
- Should possess basic typing skills.
- Must have ability to use deductive reasoning during electrical diagnostic processes.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude, with proficient ability to comprehend how mechanical and electrical apparatuses work.
- Ability to think clearly and logically while working in stressful or uncomfortable situations.
- Must possess a willingness to work safely and within the guidelines of a comprehensive safety program.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Willingness to work any schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to determine code requirements for electrical installations
- Ability to install all types of conduit as listed in National Electrical Code
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate electrical/mechanical instrumentation
Rate of Pay : $25 per hour. Excellent benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf