Koch Supply and Trading- Trade Accounting Analyst (Wichita, KS)Posted: October 2, 2015
As the TAA you will provide reports to the traders, execute trade support functions, and, by applying a trading mentality, you will learn to solve problems by using risk-adjusted thinking, market intelligence, and optionality among others.
Candidates for this role should possess strong critical thinking skills and have a demonstrable ability to not only solve problems, but also to help implement those solutions throughout the business. Ideal candidates should have a deep commitment and willingness to achieve success, both on a personal and a company-wide level. The candidate should also be proactive, team-oriented, possess good interpersonal communication skills, and demonstrate an enthusiasm and passion for the work that underscores the candidate’s dedication to pioneering improvement and to driving change.
- Calculating and reporting trading position and profit & loss for the use of management and trading teams
- Proactive communication with traders, analysts and shipping groups
- Ensuring compliance with control policies and trading standards
- Understanding expected positions and/or P&L and raising questions to understand or correct any variance
- Providing traders with daily hedge orders
Maintaining efficient and regular inventory accounts
Developing new tools/processes that will facilitate ease and efficiency for the front & back office
- Sharing knowledge across accounting/business teams
- Passion for the market and working in a trading environment
- Attention to detail; ability to work with detailed transactions and properly control, report and communicate trading activity
- Internally motivated with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, interactive business environment
- Strong analytical skills; willingness to grasp and communicate complex trading transactions
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and perform under pressure
- Highly motivated; willing to put in extra effort to get the job done
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented individual
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics (or related field)
- Experience using Microsoft Office software including Excel – updating and creating spreadsheets, Word – document creating/editing.
- 1-3 years professional experience
- Extensive knowledge/advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word)
- May be required to work outside normal office hours in order to support business cycles/demands.
- This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
The owner of Koch Supply & Trading, Koch Resources, LLC, maintains long-term credit ratings of AA- from S&P and Aa3 from Moody’s, a credit rating higher than 98 percent of rated energy companies. Additionally, the businesses share a Market-Based Management® philosophy that encourages all employees to challenge the status quo, creating sustainable products and services that customers value more highly while consuming fewer resources. This personal involvement gives each team member greater opportunities to advance professionally.
Koch Supply & Trading companies have a unique, analysis- and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace. From worldwide locations, the companies’ traders, accounting professionals, market analysts, credit risk specialists, logistics specialists and information technology professionals connect with international markets.
To learn more, visit us at http://www.ksandt.com/
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf