INVISTA- Application Support Analyst (Wichita, KS)Posted: October 2, 2015
INVISTA is currently seeking an Application Support Analyst to fulfill a key role on our Information Technology team based at our Wichita, Kansas location. This role will provide run and maintain support for applications, working closely with internal partners, business system analysts, software development analysts, and infrastructure analysts to optimize system uptime and contribute to the success of our business. The role will be based in Wichita, but will provide remote support for global leveraged applications and site specific applications at INVISTA sites in Camden, South Carolina and Seaford, Delaware. After a 45-60 day training period in Wichita, some initial travel will be required for application support knowledge transfer.
- Provide troubleshooting for business-critical application issues and problems with the required sense of urgency, identify root cause, document corrective actions, escalate as needed, and recommend future preventive actions.
- Implement and configure applications (either internally developed or 3rd party) to meet the needs of the business.
- Effectively learn the appropriate tools and utilities used to support global applications.
- Maintain adequate application support documentation including daily operations tasks, upgrade procedures, and troubleshooting guide.
- Participate in knowledge transfer process for new applications being introduced into production and signs-off on the initial application support documentation provided.
- Collaborate with supporting IT staff and internal business partners to ensure proper handoffs and alignment of accountabilities.
- Ensure support coverage during agreed upon service hours, up to and including off-hours and on-call responsibilities.
- Be attentive to partner needs, provide end-user training, provide appropriate follow-up and communicate status updates.
- Follow the established processes and procedures for application change control.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or completion of a Bachelor’s Degree by 2015 in Information Technology or related field from an accredited University
- Experience with Microsoft Applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Ability to work overtime and / or weekends on occasion
Work Experience/ Skills & Education Preferred:
- Self-starter – possess strong initiative to improve processes and procedures without waiting for specific instructions
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information to various level of the organization
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to the any of the following technologies: SQL, Visual Basic, VB Scripting, SharePoint
- Exposure to ITIL® methodologies
For more information or to apply for this position, please click on the following link: