Georgia-Pacific- Safety & Health Manager (Blue Rapids, KS)Posted: October 2, 2015
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific LLC is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, consumer products, packaging, paper, cellulose and chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, engineering, or related field and 5 years minimum H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 15 years minimum H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment.
- Experience working in a MSHA certified environment.
- CSP or CIH or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification (preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems (preferred).
- Provide leadership and direction in establishing and achieving a meaningful H&S vision and effective strategies through management commitment and employee ownership.
- Participate in the selection and development of talent throughout the facility’s organization.
- Facilitate H&S ownership and accountability by the line organization.
- Actively share and seek out knowledge.
- Ensure change is identified and proactively and effectively managed.
- Drive continuous improvement through the use of tools and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets and periodic reviews of performance, culture and talent.
- Effectively communicate facility H&S vision, strategies and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf