Georgia Pacific, LLC- Maintenance Technician (Martinsville, VA)Posted: September 9, 2015
Maintenance Technician – Martinsville, VA
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry and bulk containers, and with our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com.
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician at our Martinsville, VA facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position that requires an individual who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
- Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, repair and maintain industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Perform periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintain operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Work with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participate in safety program
- Help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Willing and able to provide your own personal hand tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf