Black Hills Corp- Relay Technician (Pueblo, CO)Posted: August 31, 2015
Job Title: Relay Technician (30144)
LOCATION: Pueblo, CO
Maintains and installs system protection devices, relays, RTU’s, and metering in Substations and Power Plants. Must be knowledgeable with electro-mechanical and electronic controls systems.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager Substation Maintenance and Construction
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Setting and testing of solid state, micro-processor and electro-mechanical relays for protective devices used in substations and generation operations.
- Setting and checking for proper levels of voltage regulation of LTC’s, regulators and capacitor controls.
- Maintenance of RTU’s dealing with remote control and proper indication or system operation center.
- Set and test recloser controls.
- Maintaining and testing of substation metering and pool metering.
- Testing various power-line carrier communications systems.
- Perform system switching.
- Wiring of Substation instrument transformers, relays, panels and breakers.
- Substation equipment commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Work with engineering personnel during testing and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess solid state electronics background.
- Must remain current on all technologies introduced by the department in the area of responsibility.
- Proficient in trouble shooting of system protection problems and schemes.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess sufficient computer skills.
- Must have organizational and record keeping skills.
- Must possess schematic reading and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to attain and hold a valid Colorado CDL Class “A” Driver’s license in 90 days.
- This position may also include some travel.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work outside, in weather and temperature extremes, for extended periods of time.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply