Koch Business Solutions- Service Desk Specialist (Wichita, KS)Posted: August 27, 2015
The Koch Business Solutions Service Desk is a service center that provides first level IT support to Koch employees worldwide. Through collaboration with our Asia-based service center, the U.S.-based Service Desk Specialist role is responsible for ensuring our customers receive the IT support they need for IT incidents and service requests by phone, email, and ticketing system 24 x 7. If you have the ability to provide great customer experiences while maintaining strong attention to detail, time management, good communication skills, and a critical thinking mentality we encourage you to apply.
This role will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality Customer Service to customers by building relationships and trust through appropriate communication and responsive service.
- Conveying troubleshooting steps and information to customers via phone calls, and email.
- Troubleshooting technical problems and properly documenting all customer requests via a ticketing system.
- Providing first level support for all IT related needs such as:
- Software and hardware installs, support, and troubleshooting. Including Microsoft products and business specific applications.
- Wireless device support and troubleshooting, including BlackBerry, Apple, and Android products.
- Printer and Scanning troubleshooting.
- Consulting knowledge documents to implement solutions or appropriately escalate customers’ requests to next tier of support.
- Work hours will range from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. with 8 or 10 hour shifts and may include some weekends.
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with MS operating systems and applications
- Candidates must meet at least one of the requirements listed below:
- 1+ years’ experience in an IT related role
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer service role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an IT or business related discipline
What Will Put You Ahead:
- IT Helpdesk or Call Center experience
- IT ticketing system experience
- LAN/WAN networking environment experience
- Experience with Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Office products (2K+), Windows XP
- CompTIA A+ and N+
- MCP and MCTS certification
Why work for Koch Companies?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Access to professional training and mentoring
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions rather than seniority
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Koch Business Solutions, LP is the centralized shared service company that provides assistance with information technology, human resources, finance and accounting, and facilities management for many global businesses of Koch Industries, Inc.. Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies, such as Georgia-Pacific and INVISTA, employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. Koch companies manufacture popular brands such as Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Brawny® paper towels, Dixie® brand tabletop products, as well as own brands including LYCRA® fiber, STAINMASTER® carpet and more. This diverse variety of businesses and their evolving demands create an inspiring work environment and incredible potential for long-term career opportunities.
To learn more about Koch Business Solutions visit us at: http://www.kbslp.com/