Black Hills Corp- Engineer I (Various Locations)Posted: August 25, 2015
Job Title: Engineer I (Rotational Program Participant) (30143)
PAY RANGE: $50,000 – $60,000 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on October 7, 2015.
LOCATION: Various locations in service territories during rotation program.
Through a series of projects and work assignments spanning the engineering functions, the Engineer Development Program participant will become familiar with and contribute to the success of the Company across departments, fuels and business units. After successfully completing the 24 month program, the participant will be placed in an engineering position that best fits the needs of the Company and interests and talents of the engineer.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: To Be Determined
EXAMPLES OF POSSIBLE ASSIGNMENTS AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build, update and analyze computer models of network distribution systems.
- Gather and analyze data from multiple sources in support of projects or initiatives.
- Assist with facility designs including power plants, substations, electrical transmission and distribution systems and gas distribution networks.
- Manage assigned projects.
- Provide support to engineers.
- Perform energy audits and provide recommendations.
- Prepare reports for compliance with regulation and procedure.
- Build positive working relationships across all levels of employees in assigned areas.
- Related experience through Black Hills Corporation or other internships preferred.
- Work in the energy industry highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited school required. Preference given to Electrical and Mechanical engineers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn diverse topics and skills.
- Community and customer service focused.
- Must be willing to relocate within Black Hills Corporation territories during the rotation and for the initial post program assignment.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply