Black Hills Corp- Manager, Customer Service Support, Projects (Rapid City, SD)Posted: August 19, 2015
Job Title: Manager, Customer Service Support, Projects (30132)
SALARY GRADE: $68,400 – $102,600 (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on August 24, 2015.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Rapid City, SD or Papillion, NE
Lead the customer service project team to manage the evaluation, initiation, planning, execution, controlling, and closing processes for customer service delivery system enhancements. Responsible for managing major, highly complex cross-functional projects and teams. Provide cost benefit analysis for proposed solutions. Manage cross-functional projects and project teams to implement medium to large customer service system enhancements. Provide support resources for customer service delivery technology systems.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Customer Service Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides leadership, motivation and establishes a teamwork environment for the project team and advises, influences and coaches team members in the development and achievement of corporate and departmental goals. Facilitates and leads team meetings. Perform cost/benefit analysis of proposed changes; create business and use cases for proposed projects.
- Manages the intake and prioritization processes for system enhancement suggestions. Initiates the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the agreed-upon projects. Develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals after thorough discussion with project stakeholders.
- Leads team to develop and implement detailed project plans, including new products, conversion/integration, merger projects, and other projects as assigned. Independently manages the planning, documenting, testing and executing , along with the tasks, budgets, timelines and project team members to successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
- Evaluates project requests to ensure compliance with utility tariff requirements.
- Manages projects and project teams consisting of staff assigned from various departments across the organization affected by the assigned projects.
- Provides communication to Customer Service and other affected audiences related to project schedules, work processes, or other impacts.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with stakeholders across the company, e.g. state operations leaders, financial managers, etc.
- Schedules and conducts status meetings with involved staff and management, to ensure timely completion of project tasks and addressing and resolving problems that could prevent timely completion of the projects and requests.
- Vendor relationship management. Initiates RFI (Request for information) and RFP (Request for Proposal) processes following company guidelines, evaluates and selects vendors. May manage vendor account relationships after implementations.
- Assist with management of change request process via the Service Manager Console and other list management tools and/or utility or enterprise PMO.
- All Customer Service department leaders and department teams (Billing, Collections, Customer Service Center, Field Resource Center, Payment Services, Correspondence, Bill Print)
- State operations analysts and other cross-functional teams with members from outside of Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Regulatory & Legal
- Utility of the Future/Customer Experience
- Financial Management
- Service Guard and Marketing; Market Research
- 5+ years project management activities including demonstrated primary project leadership responsibility for cross-functional projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related customer information system with progressively increasing levels of system process knowledge, functional responsibility, and data analysis.
- 3 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology and tools
- Excellent analytical ability
- Knowledge of rules and tariffs filed with Public Utility Commissions
- High level of understanding of current customer service delivery systems and their respective interfaces (IVR, Web, CIS+, OMS, eBill are examples)
- Audit, Compliance, Records and Retention requirements and guidelines
- Computerized business applications
- Solid understanding of change management processes and practices
- Demonstrated team leadership and facilitation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technology skills with Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, etc.) and other specialized software as required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; decision making
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people across all levels of the organization
- Able to lead teams, delegate and provide direction
- Demonstrated time management abilities, able to multi-task in an environment of rapid change
- Project management designation or certification preferred.
- Some travel required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply