Black Hills Corp- Field Measurement Technician (Castle Rock, CO)Posted: August 19, 2015
Job Title: Field Measurement Technician (30131)
PAY RANGE: $21 – $30 per hour (DOQ)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on September 1, 2015.
LOCATION: Castle Rock, CO
Maintain and Inspection critical gas regulation systems including; Town Border Stations, District Regulator Stations, and all Large Capacity customer meters.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Test and calibrate large volume meters and instruments.
- Conduct annual Town Border Station inspections.
- Conduct annual District Regulator Stations inspections.
- Witness testing of metering stations.
- Test and calibrate gauges.
- Size meters, relief valves and regulators for all types of applications.
- Inspect and test new large volume meter sets.
- Make recommendation to regions on what equipment needs upgraded or repaired for safety, code compliance or improved measurement.
- Install or trouble-shooting telemetry with support from other field operations.
- Give technical support including diagnosing problems, training, etc.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- Human relations and communications skills which are essential in working effectively with customers and field offices.
- Previous work experience with natural gas measurement practices and associated equipment helpful.
- High school level reading, writing and math skills.
- Knowledge of meter and regulator operation beneficial.
- Working knowledge of mainframe environment and applicable software.
- PC knowledge and applicable software beneficial.
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperate with coworkers.
- Writing skills necessary to prepare proper paperwork.
- Analytical and reasoning skills.
- Mechanical ability.
- Highly organized, flexible.
- Some travel will be required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work after hours on emergencies.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting – Frequently 35 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs.; Carrying – Continually under 15 lbs.; and occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – occasionally above and below shoulder height.
- Ability to navigate uneven surfaces, all terrains, in all types of weather.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply