Black Hills Corp- Financial Systems Analyst I (Rapid City, SD)Posted: August 11, 2015
PAY RANGE: $20 – $28 per hour (DOQ)
The primary responsibilities of the Finance Business Analyst are to support the ongoing operations of the finance and accounting back office. The Business Analyst is responsible for helping improve the user experience and quality of the operations and projects through the application of best-in-class management methodology advocated by Black Hills Corporation and the Project Management Institute. The Business Analyst will support multiple projects at one time. The Business Analyst will also analyze data in order to establish valuation for projects with metrics and lean practices.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Financial Systems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify process efficiencies, recommend innovative use of software functionality, communicate design, implement solutions and train end-users.
- Possess general understanding of the PeopleSoft and act as SME to the finance & business organization.
- Translate business/functional requirements into technical specifications for the IT organization.
- Facilitate work sessions with business to develop functional business requirements for complex projects.
- Help facilitate business process redesign sessions and create documentation, as needed for new methodology.
- Provide PeopleSoft test support and consultation for assigned projects.
- Provide assistance and project management skills on smaller projects.
- Provide production support.
May be asked to participate in release planning, production validation, and other project related activities.
- Measure customer satisfaction at the end of the project by capturing customer feedback using appropriate techniques to gain, maintain, and improve long-term relationships.
- Engages others in the attainment of the vision for the future. Influences others by enthusiastically sharing the future vision as a means for them to attain their goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One or more (1+) years of experience in business analysis role.
- Finance & Accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience in developing test plan and test scripts.
- Hyperion knowledge is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SQL /PS Query writing knowledge required.
- Demonstrated business analyst skills, including requirements definition, documentation, system testing, and user training.
- Adaptability to changing business environment required and act as change agent to finance and business organization.
- Must be skilled at creating functional & technical requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Visio) required.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
EEO Employer, Race, Gender, Veterans, Disability
We offer an attractive salary based on qualifications with competitive benefits and a supportive professional work environment.
How to apply: Click here to apply