Georgia Pacific- Ocean Logistics Planner (Jericho, NY)Posted: August 5, 2015
- Recognize the value workable bookings have for our business and ensure we are covered.
- Ensure creative solutions are obtained for special requests
- Manage entire booking process ensuring pre-bookings are obtained and utilized. Learn and anticipate business needs.
- Directly handle appropriate spot bookings as well as bookings where critical adjustments are needed. Enter these into the appropriate systems. Communicate.
- Create value by learning of space and price opportunities from SS lines. Work with business to execute where it makes sense.
- Connect how steamship companies value bookings. Ensure they are filled; cancelled unused; suggest improvements in business flow to create more value.
- Pro-actively communicate with export staff regarding unused booking status.
- Input monthly ocean freight rates into operating system in a timely / accurate manner. Determine future lowest cost solution for data entry.
- Communicate with Export Ops and Sales groups regarding rate updates and service changes.
- Build and maintain relationships with key steamship line personnel
- High School or GED
- Experience using a computer to perform the following tasks: email, data entry, create documents, etc.
- 1 year business experience
- Experience working with steamship line carriers or other transportation providers
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Team player. Able to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and can work effectively in high pressure environment
- Ability to analyze economics of transactions, and make or recommend decisions
- Anticipates internal/external customer needs
- Organizes work-flow, regularly follows-up on day-to-day responsibilities / tasks
- Able to meet ongoing deadlines/schedules
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf