TrueBlue Inc.- Project Engineer (West Central, MN)Posted: June 29, 2015
Job Summary: Develops engineered equipment concepts for the packaging equipment requirements of customers and executes these orders through the project management of design, drafting, construction, assembly, debug and installation in a manner which ensures customer satisfaction and maximizes return to the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make certain that clean, usable, manufacturable designs and detail are delivered to the assembly and fabrication teams in a timely manner.
- Ensure timeliness of engineering releases in accordance to project plan.
- Ensure accurate spare parts bills are in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to requests for information and assistance from aftermarket, field service, and sales
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with the appropriate product manager(s) and application engineer(s) to ensure that the specs received are clean and complete.
- Function as the customer’s technical point of contact for all focus factory projects.
- Ensure customer projects updates are effective and timely.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Instill and demonstrate the skills of project management, organization, and control.
- In conjunction with the sales coordinator, sales executive, and the other members of the focus factory team, ensure project checkouts are exceptional experiences for the customer.
- Ensure that “as built” documentation is available to the customer at the time of installation and start-up.
- Develop, use, and maintain selection lists for all products assigned to the focus factory.
- Monitor and control project while ensuring team accountability to the attainment of time and budget targets.
- Make certain that returns are reviewed and documented in a timely manner.
- Ensure agreements reached in the standards meetings are implemented within the focus factory.
- Ensure that the product designs assigned to the focus factory are maintained and that on a regular basis the engineering team utilizes value engineering to improve product cost effectiveness.
- Minimize warranty exposure.
- Ensure that the engineering team has the requisite skills, knowledge, and tools to meet or exceed requirements
- Serve as a model of professionalism for the team in the completion of technical tasks.
- As the product line technical champion, support and implement innovative, cost effective designs.
- Function as an open-minded partner of product line leadership in driving the practical application of current technology as well as the integration of appropriate new technology.
- Call contract review meetings.
- Ensure that the technical specs are clear enough to execute a successful project.
- Utilize appropriate available project planning and management tools to ensure project organization and control.
- Ensure that implications of changes in terms of cost, time, and delivery dates are understood and agreed to.
- Conduct periodic design review, as appropriate.
- Monitor the project “on the floor” and give needed feedback.
- Define the debug process for the project and facilitate the process.
- Control demo and sample product.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering and 5 years related experience, OR a two-year post high school diploma/certificate in mechanical or electrical design/drafting and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
- CAD proficient.
- Proven leadership experience
- Demonstrated effective problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated effective verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective written skills.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Experience managing capital equipment design projects
- Project Management Certification.
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for frequent operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about occasionally
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Travel by air or car occasionally.
About TrueBlue, Inc.
TrueBlue has been named to the Forbes 2014 list of 100 “Most Trustworthy Companies”, our third time to be on this prestigious list. For more than 25 years we have been dedicated to putting people to work and changing lives. Our Direct Placement Team is devoted to placing candidates in permanent positions throughout the USA. We are passionate about connecting you with the right position for your skills, experience and goals. Our team has built its expertise in the fields of Construction, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Retail, Logistics, and Waste.
For additional information please contact:
Lisa Bradley | Direct Placement Recruiter | True Blue Recruiting Team